From the Owensboro Star 168. It’s long ago now but there is an historical landmark in it’s place. The first courthouse in Hancock County is pictured as it looks today.
The two-story poplar log house has been flanked by sheds for many years and is still a strudy structures. It is located near Utility, Kentucky, on the farm of Burtram Ewan .
First court was held in March of 1829, when it was the home of James Dupuy. Reconstructing the historical landmark would be a challenge to some civic- minded organization.
For full story see February 25 Hancock Clarion online edition, 2021.