Skip to content


Gas leak in Hawesville; Atmos repairs

On Saturday, May 13th, there was a natural gas leak at an Atmos Energy gas meter in Hawesville. The meter was damaged at the base. Atmos personnel repaired the meter while Hawesville Volunteer Fire Department isolated the area until they completed the work. Roadways were down during the day for a short amount of time, and then re-opened again.

“They sealed it up and then patched it, and we opened it all back up,” Fire Chief Shane Richards said. “The gas leak was just past Mason Street, but we had it shut down at Park Road and Donna Lou Lane. The gas leak was in between the two.”

By Jennifer Wimmer


Leave a Comment