Activity Logs….This summer, get the chance to help out some local businesses by winning fun prizes! All you have to do is complete a reading activity log, which you will play as though it is a bingo card. Some examples of the activities that you will be doing is reading for 30 minutes, calling a friend, sending a letter, going for a walk, and more! Directions will be listed on the activity log. Turn in up to five activity logs for more chances to win some great prizes! Your first activity log that you turn in, you will receive a finisher prize. Prizes include gift cards to local businesses such as Bill’s IGA, Bright Star Nursery, Galaxy Pizza, and more!
Where Are We In HC? ….Through the months of June and July, on Mondays and Thursdays, we will be posting a picture to our Facebook page of either our Bookmobile, library van, or one of our library crew at a local spot in Hancock County. You will have to guess where we are in Hancock County. A prize will be given at the end of each month. For each correct response, you will be entered for two chances to win. For each incorrect response, you will be entered for one chance to win.
Virtual Programming ….Tune in to our Facebook page for our virtual programs. We will post videos every Friday in July to see some awesome local talent teach you fun activities to do while we are being Healthy At Home. Here is the lineup for July: Friday, July 3rd: Bethony Morris, cooking demo
Friday, July 10th: Jessica Estes, cake decorating demo
Friday, July 17th: Marian Keown, painting craft
Friday, July 24th: Laura Kessans, Zumba workout
Friday, July 31st: Marian Keown, chair workout
CURBSIDE PICKUP AVAILABLE
How does it work?
- Go to the online catalog and put your items on hold. OR Call us at 270-927-6760 or 270-295-3765 OR email your request to [email protected] to tell us the titles or what types of books you are wanting to check out and which location you’re picking up at.
- Library Team members will pull your items and prepare them for pickup. If your items are at another location, expect next day pickup.
- When items are ready, we’ll call you to arrange a time for pickup.
- Please arrive at your set time and pull into the parking lot and park in one of the numbered spots. Call us at 270-927-6760 or 270-295-3765 when you arrive. We will check items out when we receive your call that you’re in the parking lot.
- We’ll bring your items out to your vehicle. Please have your door/trunk/window open so that we can sit the bag of items inside your vehicle.
- Please stay in your car until it is your turn.
- If you have the option, please email the document to [email protected] that you need faxed or copied and include details so that we can complete the task. Example: Fax number to send it to, number of copies you need, and a call back number so we can call you when your item is ready.
- If you cannot email the item to us, please call us and arrange a time for you to do a “front door drop off”. You would come to the library, step inside the front door and place your item in the container on the table. You must have details on the item about what you need done. Example: Fax number to send it to or number of copies you need. Once we have your task completed, we’ll bring it to your vehicle.